If TaskLite isn't your cup of tea, maybe one of the other free task managers fits the bill:
- Buku - Store and manage your bookmarks from the command line.
- CommitTasks - Combination between git commit and todo list.
- Eureka - CLI tool to input and store ideas without leaving the terminal.
- Ff - A distributed note taker and task manager.
- Org mode - Notes and todo lists powered by an Emacs based plain-text system.
- Smos - Purely functional semantic tree-based editor (similar to Org mode).
- Taskbook - Tasks, boards & notes for the command-line habitat.
- Taskwarrior - Commandline Task Management.
- Toodles - Project management from the TODO's in your codebase.